Vodafone scam

I've chosen to avoid them in future, to shun their shrewdness.
The reason I found Vodafone awkward is because they try and get an extra month phone contract out of you, and it seems to be hardwired into every vodafone employee to ignore or gloss over any question that concerns terminaing your contract with them. I tried it several times.

You cannot cancel over the phone, or online, or in the shop.
The is no info in store, online or on the bills.

I asked twice in a conversation and was avoided the answer the first time. I looked on vodaphones website and searched around...nothing. Played around with keywords and still nothing. Eventually I got titled articles but no explanation in the content. I called them up in the end. Eventually I Found out how to cancel a Mobile phone contract with vodaphone. You have to write to:

Vodaphone Ltd,
PO BOX 549
Banbury
OXON,
OX17 3ZJ

and give them 30 days notice! So I sent off a letter with my account number and mobile number in as requested and waited.

Nothing.

I called them again and apparentley nothing had shown up on their system. I sent another letter via recorded delivery in the end.
Because I work 9-5 like most people, I have to wait all week to send it via recorded delivery, then it has to get there- (it takes longer when its posted at the week end) I have to wait for a post office to be open which adds another week or so onto the time and hence more money for them. It takes time to get to the post office and you have to write and pay for the letter, not to mention the processing time and two weeks delay...

I think they charged about £20 in the end!

They really do make it incredibly hectic for someone who has just been their customer for 18 months...

My advice is go to 02.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry that cancelling your contract was not as straightforward expected.

You've correctly stated that we need a month's written notice to cancel a contract, which as far as I'm aware is standard in the industry.

The address that you quoted is correct so providing your original letter reached us and we could identify your account from the information provided then we would have processed your request and written back confirming your disconnection date.

I'd like to check your account to see if we received your original letter. Although this is unlikely sometimes things do occasionally go wrong, and if that's the case it's important that we put it right.

Can you please get in touch with us by completing our online form at https://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Page_Help_ContactUs&pageID=PCU_0002.

If you put FIT135 into the body of your message then it will be rooted to the correct team.

Vodadrew
Vodafone UK